Welcome To Art!
- Students will become well versed in the basic art elements and principles of design.
- Students will grow in their appreciation of art and in their visual awareness.
- Students will understand that art stimulates intellectual growth and creative self-
- Students will take risks in Art to solve problems through experimentation and problem-solving.
- Students will be pushed to think “outside of the box” to create solutions that exemplify the principles of design.
- Students will learn that all subjects in school culminate at an end of creative expression, bringing new life and breaking boundaries.
- Students will experience a rigorous curriculum that focuses on flexibility, originality,
appreciation, and imagination.
- Students will grow physically, intellectually, emotionally, aesthetically and perceptually.
- Ultimately, each student will experience art both individually and socially, such to become a well-rounded learner.
Visual Art Essential Standards
Click HERE to view the Common Core Visual Art Essential Standards for North Carolina.
- M = Mastery
- S = Satisfactory
- N = Needs Improvement
- U = Unsatisfactory
*Each artwork sent home will have a letter grade written on the back. Also, look for quizzes and tests being sent home periodically with a grade posted on them as well. Should you have any questions regarding your child's grade feel free to contact me.*